Re: Items not listed as "new" in the draft charter

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:50:50 -0700
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>

On Mar 23, 2010, at 2:44 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:

>> I tried to omit items that I knew to be renames or splits of a
>> draft in the old charter. I may have missed some, especially in the
>> case of Widgets where I'm not up to speed on what is in the specs.
>> I believe at least the first three were written from scratch
>> without incorporating text from any previous draft.
>
> WARP is a split from P+C, its ancestor is in the first draft.

Sounds fine to document it that way, since the precursor is not clear
from backtracking through "previous version" links of WARP.

> The Widget URI scheme was initially intended for P+C (as can be seen
> from the TBD section in older drafts) but the content wasn't written
> up before it was branched.

That sounds like a new document to me. But either way, documenting its
origin would be fine.

> View modes  were also in the 2008 P+C draft, but either way they
> probably shouldn't be listed as a widget deliverable considering
> that they can be used in even broader contexts (as requested by the
> CSS WG).

Maybe it should be renamed to not include "Widgets" in the title, and
not be identified as a Widgets deliverable. That would be fine by me.

> Essentially there is nothing new in widgets, the plan is simply to
> finish the existing ongoing work quickly.

There is at least the new "Widget Embedding" item in the charter
(which is indicated as a new item).

Regards,
Maciej