[Notifications] feedback requested on new Editor's Draft

From: John Gregg <johnnyg@google.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:06:45 -0700
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
After the extensive discussion several weeks ago, I've been working on a new
draft for Web Notifications which is now available at
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebNotifications/publish/

The most substantial changes are:
 - Add requirements section.  This is derived from the wiki page which Doug
Schepers started, but I think it should live inside the spec.  It's clear
that there is interest in implementing the spec using Growl and other such
platform APIs, so I've made it explicit that the spec is required to allow
that implementation.  At the same time, to achieve platform/device
independence and look to the future of more sophisticated notifications, it
isn't specified as the only way notifications can be implemented.
 - Rename "HTMLNotification" to "WebNotification" to allow other types of
content (e.g. SVG as was in the feedback) and move this to a supplemental
interface.
 - Add a definitions section so that terminology is clear.

I look forward to seeing additional feedback.

Thanks,
 -John