Re: CSS WG comments on View Modes Media Feature spec

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:02:37 -0700
Cc: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, www-style@w3.org, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
To: marcosc@opera.com
On Mar 18, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

>> 4. all these queries could/should have an event-based counterpart so the
>>   changes are detectable by code. We understand this is outside of the
>>   scope of this spec but that's still an important comment.
>
> We have a proposal already for the CSS WG to review:
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html

It seems like this needs to align to the current CSS OM View spec:
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/>

which has a StyleMedia interface available on the window object as 'styleMedia', rather than 'media'.

I would expect to see events related to media type changes in the CSS OM View spec too, rather than in a widgets-related spec.

Simon