Re: Notifications

From: Drew Wilson <atwilson@google.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:26:48 -0800
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: ifette@google.com, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, John Gregg <johnnyg@google.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@myrealbox.com>, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
2010/2/23 Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

> The same is not true for the suggest notification API. Several
> proposals have been put forward that do not rely on fallback.

One of the reasons I stepped back from this discussion is because it seemed
clear that we weren't going to make progress on solutions until we had
agreement on requirements (specifically, the amount of interaction that we
want to enable in these notifications). The non-fallback proposals that have
been put forward aren't acceptable to me for the same reasons that Jonas is
opposed to the fallback proposals - we both have a different vision for what
the requirements should be. I'd like to see us focus on gaining some
consensus around requirements, because I think the rest of these
disagreements will mostly resolve themselves once we do that.

-atw