W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > January to March 2010

[widgets] Draft Minutes for 7 January 2010 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:37:55 -0500
Message-Id: <8E70B07A-DAD4-4497-985D-6EB061BF785B@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the January 7 Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

  http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before 14 January 2010 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

              Web Applications Working Group Teleconference

07 Jan 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2010JanMar/0053.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           David, Art, Steven, Marcos, Robin, Marcin_Hanclik, Marcin,
           Josh

    Regrets
           Frederick

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]Letter from ISO JTC1/SC 34/WG4
          4. [8]Status of URI Scheme spec
          5. [9]Status of View Modes Media Features (VM-MF) spec:
          6. [10]Status of Updates spec
          7. [11]AOB
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 07 January 2010

    <Steven> oops

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    <Steven> How many people are joining?

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference

    Date: 7 January 2010

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: the draft agenda was sent out yesterday (
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/00
    53.html ). Any change requests?

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2010JanMar/0053.html

    [ no ]

Announcements

    AB: WARP LC comment period ends Jan 13. Does anyone have any short
    announcements?

    [ no ]

Letter from ISO JTC1/SC 34/WG4

    AB: On 29 December, Mohamed ZERGAOUI sent WebApps an letter (
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/15
    00.html ) on behalf of ISO SC34/WG4. The letter notes some
    similarities between our widget packaging spec and their Open
    Packaging Conventions spec.
    ... I have not read the OPC spec; anyone read it?

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009OctDec/1500.html

    MC: I read it

    AB: anything you want to share about it?

    MC: during our req gathering phase, we discussed similarities
    ... I have refs to the original emails
    ... this was mentioned by IBM (JonF)
    ... it was at least 2 years ago
    ... a conclusion was that ISO should start a ISO ZIP WG
    ... but don't know if that started or not
    ... I think ISO should create an ISO ZIP spec
    ... it would be good to get a real ZIP standard
    ... and not just some PKWare spec

    AB: I recall those conversations with JonF on this subject

    <timeless_mbp> Zakim: +??p12 is me

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from
    ISO SC34/WG4 [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-474 - Respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009
    email from ISO SC34/WG4 [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].

    AB: after I respond, Marcos, perhaps you can respond too

    MC: OK

    AB: anything else on this topic for today?

    [ no ]

Status of URI Scheme spec

    SP: should this ISO be coordinated via HCG?
    ... external coord typically goes thru HCG

    AB: good question
    ... I can forward it to HCG and seek comments

    SP: yes, a heads-up to them would be good

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG
    [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-475 - Forward ISO packaging email to HCG
    [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].

    AB: Robin, what is the status of the URI Scheme spec (
    [17]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-uri/ )?

      [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-uri/

    RB: Larry replied on the TAG list
    ... also got some feedback from Jonathan Rees
    ... we need to continue discussions

    AB: so related discussions are happening on www-tag?

    RB: yes

    AB: we all have an action to contribute to the related discussion on
    www-tag
    ... I haven't been following that list
    ... anything else on this spec for today?

    RB: no; Larry's comments need to be discussed

Status of View Modes Media Features (VM-MF) spec:

    AB: would one of the Editors of the VMMF spec please give a short
    status of the spec ( [18]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/ ).

      [18] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/

    MH: last month I commented on VF's related input
    ... I am in the process of reflecting those comments in the spec
    ... but only a local copy now
    ... I will have something to review in a week
    ... the VF proposal included some interfaces
    ... that will need to be addressed in the context of the VM-I spec

    AB: any status on VM-I status to report?

    MH: it needs to be developed in paralle with VM-MF spec
    ... should be ready for a CfC on FPWD of VM-I within a week or two

    AB: an action to all to reveiew VM-I spec in the context of "is it
    ready for FPWD" (
    [19]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html )

      [19] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html

    MH: re, the VM-I spec, it resembles D3E spec
    ... I may move VM-I to ReSpec but D3E is probably too big to move
    ... I have been discussing this with Doug Schepers

    AB: any other comments on the VM specs?

    [ no ]

Status of Updates spec

    AB: anything to report on the Updates spec (
    [20]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/ ) Marcos?

      [20] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/

    <drogers> sorry I have a small comment

    DR: re VM-MF or VM-I, doesn't have a Sec Consids sec
    ... will both have a Sec Consids section?

    MH: VM-I does not have such a section yet
    ... it's still early and one can be added

    DR: I'll look into what could be added

    MH: It's OK with me if we add such a section to VM-I

    MC: I expect to restart work on it next week
    ... hope to get it ready for a new pub by end of the month

    AB: any other status for today before AOB?

    [ none ]

AOB

    AB: would like to take a quick look at the Widgets pub status page (
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus#Widgets_Specificat
    ions ) and update accordingly.
    ... I last updated the table a few weeks ago
    ... any updates needed?

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/ 
PubStatus#Widgets_Specifications

    [ none ]

    AB: any other business for today?
    ... voice confs
    ... frequency going forward
    ... last call for discussion topics for today

    <darobin> bye!

    AB: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG [recorded
    in [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from
    ISO SC34/WG4 [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 7 January 2010 14:40:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:36 GMT