Re: [widgets] feature: inconsistent behavior ?

On 6 Jan 2010, at 10:08, Cyril Concolato wrote:

> I think you misunderstood me.
>
> There is a difference between an 'unsupported'/'unavailable' feature
> as 'foo:bar' in your example and an 'invalid feature name' as in the
> test-suite example:
>
> <widget>
> <name>d4</name>
> <feature name="invalid feature IRI" required="true"/>
> </widget>
>
> I'm not asking that 'unsupported'/'unavailable' features are ignored
> as indeed this would contradict the default value of 'required'. I'm
> asking that 'invalid' feature are ignored (whether they are required
> or not). This would be consistent with the rest of the spec.

If a feature is required by the widget, and it isn't available for any
reason (including an invalid IRI) then its reasonable for the UA to
assume this Widget just won't work and reject it. It may simply be a
typo, e.g.:

<feature name="http;//bondi.omtp.org/api/camera.capture"
required="true"/>
                                     ^ typo!

I don't think it would be useful for this to silently fail.