CfC: Candidate Recommendation of XMLHttpRequest; deadline June 30

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:03:05 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
This is a Call for Consensus to publish a Candidate Recommendation of
XMLHttpRequest:

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/

The comment period for the 19 November 2009 LCWD of XHR [LC] ended 16
December 2009 and the disposition of comments for this LCWD is:

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/disposition-of-comments-3

During this CfC review period, Anne and Thomas agreed to work on the
Security Considerations issue and others are welcome to contribute.

A test suite has not been agreed by the Working Group, and will not be
required for the CR to be published. However, agreeing on a test suite
will be part of the work we will do before this spec can move further
than CR.

The Editor's Draft does not yet include CR exit criteria. I would expect
the criteria to be similar to our previous CRs i.e. require a thorough
test suite and at least two implementations that pass all tests. (We can
discuss the criteria separately.)

This CfC satisfies: a) the group's requirement to "record the group's
decision to request advancement" to CR; and b) "General Requirements for
Advancement on the Recommendation Track" as defined in the Process Document:

   http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#transition-reqs

As with all of our CfCs, positive response is preferred and encouraged
and silence will be assumed to be assent. The deadline for comments is
June 30.

-Art Barstow

[LC] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-XMLHttpRequest-20091119/