Re: [widgets] Applying Stylesheets to Resources

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi, Boris-
>
> Boris Zbarsky wrote (on 2/11/10 12:04 PM):
>>
>> On 2/11/10 11:57 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>>>
>>> One odd part of the separation of content and presentation is that a
>>> stylesheet is applied to a file by including a link to the stylesheet in
>>> the target file. That is totally backward.
>>
>> Strictly speaking, this is just because most people don't have control
>> over their web servers (which is why the <link> element exists). Link
>> HTTP headers work fine for applying stylesheets.
>
> Ah, interesting... I didn't know that, thanks!  Is this [1] the most recent
> reference on that?
>
> Still, I think adding a way to do this in the Widgets manifest would be a
> nice authoring solution.

Having a <style>, or styles, for a might be interesting:

<widget ...>
  <content src="someFile.html"/>
</widget>

Or

<widget ...>
  <content src="someFile.html"/>
  </content>
</widget>

And the document order gives precedence to order of the cascade.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au