Re: [IndexedDB] Granting storage quotas

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> I think we were operating under the assumption that we're going to
> avoid involving the user until neccesary. So for example letting the
> site store a few MB of data without the user getting involved, and
> only once enough storage is wanted by the site, ask the user if this
> is ok.

When you say "per site" do you mean per subdomain, or per domain?  The
former is too permissive, the latter is too restrictive.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Michael Nordman <michaeln@google.com> wrote:
> Sounds like we agree on there being a distinction between two levels of
> persistence with one being more permanent than the other. Great, provided
> we have that agreement we can craft interfaces that allow callers to make
> the distinction!

Not quite.  If we agree that there are multiple levels, but one
browser interprets that as being varying levels of temporary storage,
but another interprets that as temporary and permanent storage, then
authors are still unhappy.  :/

~TJ