Re: UMP / CORS: Implementor Interest

From: Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:29:26 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "Mark S. Miller" <erights@google.com>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2010, at 11:11 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:36:50 +0900, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately "ambient" doesn't have any good antonyms:
>
> http://www.synonym.com/antonym/ambient/
>
> Simon suggested XMLHttpRequestNoContext in #whatwg. Seems relatively clear
> and works nicely with indexes and autocomplete.
>

> Other ideas (also suffix variants instead of prefix variants):
> - GuestXMLHttpRequest
> Suggested by Mark originally. We now envision more use cases than guest
> code, however, "guest" is also the traditional name for an unprivileged
> account.
> - UnprivilegedXMLHttpRequest (or abbreviate to NoPrivs)
> - NoAuthorityXMLHttpRequest (or abbreviate to NoAuth, though that may seem
> like "no authentication")
> - NoCredentialsXMLHttpRequest (or abbreviate to NoCred)
> Can anyone else think of ideas? I tried to mentally fill in sentences like,
> "I don't want to do this as root, I want to use a/an _______ account" or "I
> don't want to be logged into site X, I want to be ________ when I visit it."
> Regards,
> Maciej

Here's some new directions ...

ContextFreeRequest
StatelessRequest
SessionlessRequest

or, since we're really talking about cookies here ...

CookielessRequest
CookieFreeRequest
SugarFreeRequest
IncognitoRequest    (playing off of Chrome's "Incognito" mode, which
doesn't use your browser's normal cookie store)

-- Dirk