Re: UMP / CORS: Implementor Interest

On Apr 21, 2010, at 11:11 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:36:50 +0900, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
> wrote:
>> Unfortunately "ambient" doesn't have any good antonyms:
>>
>> http://www.synonym.com/antonym/ambient/
>
> Simon suggested XMLHttpRequestNoContext in #whatwg. Seems relatively
> clear and works nicely with indexes and autocomplete.

Other ideas (also suffix variants instead of prefix variants):

- GuestXMLHttpRequest
Suggested by Mark originally. We now envision more use cases than
guest code, however, "guest" is also the traditional name for an
unprivileged account.

- UnprivilegedXMLHttpRequest (or abbreviate to NoPrivs)
- NoAuthorityXMLHttpRequest (or abbreviate to NoAuth, though that may
seem like "no authentication")
- NoCredentialsXMLHttpRequest (or abbreviate to NoCred)

Can anyone else think of ideas? I tried to mentally fill in sentences
like, "I don't want to do this as root, I want to use a/an _______
account" or "I don't want to be logged into site X, I want to be
________ when I visit it."

Regards,
Maciej