Re: UMP / CORS: Implementor Interest

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:13:25 +0900
To: "Tyler Close" <tyler.close@gmail.com>
Cc: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:39:31 +0900, Tyler Close <tyler.close@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> Because I've yet to receive detailed feedback / proposals on CORS on
>> what needs changing. In another thread Maciej asked you whether you
>> would like to file the appropriate bugs and the he would do so if you
>> did not get around to it. I have not seen much since.
>
> The email you refer to listed several specific problems with CORS. As
> you've noted, Maciej agreed these were problems. Now you're telling us
> that as editor for the WG you have decided to ignore this detailed
> feedback because it is not yet filed as official Issues against CORS.

I'm not planning on ignoring anything. Why would I bring it up in the
first place if I was?

> Instead, you are choosing to ignore UMP and press ahead trying to gain
> implementer support for the mechanism defined in CORS, even though you
> know there are agreed problems with it.

I've already stated I'm willing to fix those problems.

See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0106.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0107.html

> A different approach, would be to recognize the value of all the work
> and analysis the WG has put into UMP and so explore how CORS could
> reference and leverage this work. I am happy to collaborate with you
> on this task if you'd like to make the attempt.

I don't think making CORS depend on UMP makes sense.

See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0245.html

--
Anne van Kesteren