Re: [public-webapps] Comments on Widget URI (General)

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:08:09 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
> Hi Larry,
> On Dec 7, 2009, at 20:03 , Larry Masinter wrote:
>> I'll ask the TAG to review your responses at our F2F this week.
>> Sorry for the delay.
> Has there been any output from the TAG's meeting? I see from the minutes that there is some discussion but it seems to be erroneous in parts ("widget URIs are used in a 'manifest' contained within a widget package"). There seems to be no specific resolution, action, or documented consensus. Are we to expect later input?

To be clear, AFAIK,  there are no use cases for using a WURI in a
configuration document (which is what I assume was meant by a
'manifest'). Widget config docs use "zip-relative-paths" to point to
files in a widget package. And, I'll add, Zip-relative-paths are not
URI references, in case anyone was wondering (they map character per
character to file paths in the zip archive).

Marcos Caceres