Re: Scientific Literature on Capabilities (was Re: CORS versus Uniform Messaging?)

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:53 AM, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org> wrote:
>> The only complaint I know of regarding UM is that it is so complicated
>> to use in practice that it will not be as enabling as CORS
>
> Actually, Tyler's UM protocol requires the user to confirm message 5
> to prevent a CSRF attack.  Maciej's CORS version of the protocol
> requires no such user confirmation.  I think it's safe to say that
> asking the user to confirm security-critical operations is not a good
> approach.

For Ian Hickson's challenge problem, I came up with a design that does
not require any confirmation, or any other user interaction. See:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/1232.html

That same design can be used to solve Maciej's challenge problem.

--Tyler