Length of LC comment period [Was: Ready for LC on the various drafts I edit]

On Dec 3, 2009, at 9:23 PM, ext Ian Hickson wrote:

> As predicted last week [1], I have replied to the outstanding
> issues that
> had been raised on the following specs, and thus am ready to
> suggest that
> we take these specs to LC to get wider review:
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/webdatabase/
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/
>
> A six month review period should be reasonable, so I would suggest
> giving
> a last call "deadline" of something like July 1st 2010.

Would those that have implemented and/or deployed the above specs
please comment on the LC review period length for these specs?

If we already have multiple implementations of a spec, I think the
spirit of the Recommendation track process suggests a shorter LC
period (say 2 months given the time of the year) and then (assuming
no substantive comments) moving the spec to Candidate.

-Art Barstow