Re: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for: Server-sent Events, Web {Database, Sockets, Storage Workers}; deadline 19 November

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Based on the responses for this call for comments, I see the next steps as:
>
> 1. Server-sent Events, Web Storage and Web Workers - ready for LCWD
> publication. Later today I will begin a CfC to publish LCWD of these
> three specs
>
> 2. Web Sockets API - the group should discuss Adrian's comments:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0842.html
>
> 3. Web Database - there is sufficient interest to keep this spec on the
> Recommendation track. However, there is an open question about who will
> commit to drive this spec, in particular who will commit to being its
> Editor. Hixie - would you please explain your intent/position here?

My intent with the Web SQL Database spec (or whatever I end up calling
it) is to continue to drive it to REC, but without defining the SQL
dialect in any more detail than the draft does now (as edited after the
F2F). I would not consider multiple implementations all using the same SQL
backend to be fully independent for the purposes of getting two
interoperable implementations for the purpose of exiting CR, and thus I do
not expect this spec to ever get past that stage.

For the other specs, I have received new feedback and intend to address it
before advancing the specs (including Adrian's comments cited above).

Once I have returned to having no outstanding known issues on any of these
five documents (storage, sql database, workers, eventsource, and sockets),
I think they will be ready for transition to Last Call. I hope to be ready
for this by the first week of next month.

(Apologies for the week's delay; I took an impromptu vacation last week.)