Re: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for: Server-sent Events, Web {Database, Sockets, Storage Workers}; deadline 19 November

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:15:47 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi All,

On Nov 4, 2009, at 8:46 AM, Barstow Art (Nokia-CIC/Boston) wrote:

> As noted on 23 October [1], the following "HTML5 APIs" are ready or
> very close to being ready for Last Call Working Draft (LC):
>
> 1. Server-Sent Events
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/
>
> 2. Web Database
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/webdatabase/
>
> 3. Web Sockets API
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/
>
> 4. Web Storage
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/
>
> 5. Web Workers
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/

Based on the responses for this call for comments, I see the next
steps as:

1. Server-sent Events, Web Storage and Web Workers - ready for LCWD
publication. Later today I will begin a CfC to publish LCWD of these
three specs

2. Web Sockets API - the group should discuss Adrian's comments:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/
0842.html

3. Web Database - there is sufficient interest to keep this spec on
the Recommendation track. However, there is an open question about
who will commit to drive this spec, in particular who will commit to
being its Editor. Hixie - would you please explain your intent/
position here?

-Art Barstow