Re: TPAC agenda - APIs

On Oct 29, 2009, at 08:38 , Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Regarding the joint session with DAP; The filesystem spec seems... how
> should I say this politely.. to be lacking details. In fact, I can't
> find a single thing it defines. Normatively or informatively. :)
>
> Is it expected to get some more meat on its bones before the meeting?
>
> I'll also note that it seems to be lacking any requirements
> regarding security.

Are you talking about DAP's FS API? Well yeah, we got started pretty
recently. We have however had inputs on this topic from Nokia, BONDI,
PhoneGap, and going back before inception Opera.

The idea is that DAP would only do what's not already done by the File
API (I don't know if there's a point in merging, or something like
that — it might be worth discussing), and that the FS should work in a
way that fits nicely with File. I think that's already good grounds
for discussion.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/