Re: [widgets] Editorial Comments on 18-Aug-2009 LCWD of A&E spec

From: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:30:20 -0400
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: "marcosc@opera.com" <marcosc@opera.com>
On Sep 11, 2009, at 2:47 PM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Can I be a PITA and ask you to set up the wiki page and just reuse the
> old text. Then I will link to it.

I took a first pass at this:

  http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetSpecs

>> 9. Section 2: Getting and Setting: seems like there should a
>> [Reference]

My thought here was that if Getting and Setting are defined e.g. in a
DOM spec, a reference to that spec should be added; if not, ignore my
comment.

>> 10. Section 2: Initialization: I don't understand this sentence,
>> which when
>> shortened is effectively "The first run through X, prior to
>> runtime.".
>
> How about:
>
> "When a user agent first runs a widget package through the Steps for
> Processing a Widget Package, as specified in the [Widgets-Packaging]
> specification, prior to runtime."
>
> That boils down to:
>
> When a user agent first runs a widget package through X, prior to
> runtime.

I still can't parse/grok it but it's probably just me and I'll bug
you about it in IRC (someday) :-).

Perhaps part of the confusion is that "user agent" in the context of
this defintion is presumably a P&C user agent yet that qualification
isn't made and the only reference to that definition is in Section
6.1 and in that context the UA is the A&E UA.

-Regards, Art Barstow