From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin@berjon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 11:17 PM
To: Marcin Hanclik
Cc: public-webapps WG
Subject: Re: [Widget URI] Internationalization, widget IRI?

Hi Marcin,

On Jul 24, 2009, at 18:36 , Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> Why is the Widgets 1.0: URI Scheme about URI and not IRI?

Because it was written quickly :) And also because I'm sick and tired
of the level of terminology needed to address (no pun intended) what
should be a simple field - I'd like to just say "URI" and since this
isn't a legacy context obviously it means IRI with the added advantage
that it doesn't hurt the brains of the majority of readers... Anyway,
no point in ranting over spilt beer I guess.

Based on the follow-up discussion what I've done is that I've used IRI
throughout the specification except when discussing URI schemes. I've
also updated the reference to be to RFC 3987 and the syntax to
reference iauthority, iquery, and ifragment - which is indeed more
correct.

Thanks!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.