Re: [Widget URI] Internationalization, widget IRI?

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:17:01 +0200
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
Hi Marcin,

On Jul 24, 2009, at 18:36 , Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> Why is the Widgets 1.0: URI Scheme about URI and not IRI?

Because it was written quickly :) And also because I'm sick and tired
of the level of terminology needed to address (no pun intended) what
should be a simple field  I'd like to just say "URI" and since this
isn't a legacy context obviously it means IRI with the added advantage
that it doesn't hurt the brains of the majority of readers... Anyway,
no point in ranting over spilt beer I guess.

Based on the follow-up discussion what I've done is that I've used IRI
throughout the specification except when discussing URI schemes. I've
also updated the reference to be to RFC 3987 and the syntax to
reference iauthority, iquery, and ifragment  which is indeed more
correct.

Thanks!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/