Re: Request for Comments: FPWD of Widgets 1.0: URI Scheme spec

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:17:55 +0200
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
To: Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Hi Martin,

On Jun 22, 2009, at 10:45 , Martin J. Dürst wrote:
> I'm interested to know how widget: URIs behave with respect to IRIs.
> The only potentially related text I can find is "Unicode
> serialisations for widget origins" in 4.3.

The draft now stipulates that addresses using the widget URI scheme
are IRIs.

> P.S.: I also found this spec rather difficult to read because it
> very frequently references the "Packaging and Configuration" spec,
> and is impossible to understand without constantly referring back to
> that spec.

Sorry about that, but the scheme is unlikely to be useful outside of
the widget context, and resolution requires mapping to the P+C model —
I'm not sure we can do much about that.

Thanks!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/