Re: [File API] events vs callbacks

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:56:45 +0300
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, arun@mozilla.com, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 8/11/09 3:47 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Today if you use XMLHttpRequest, you never have to worry if someone
> else happen to be reading from the same URI as you, if we go with the
> above API the same basically wouldn't be true for files.
Yes you do need to worry with XHR. If I call open/send, it will cancel
the current request.

To me supporting progress events sounds more important than
having easy way to do concurrent reads using the same FileData.
(And even with events, concurrent reads are very simple, just not
using the same FileData)

-Olli