Re: Window Modes todo

On Jul 16, 2009, at 04:46 , Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Robin Berjon:
>>  - I forget the original reasoning: is it useful that the event
>> initialisers have canBubbleArg and cancelableArg since presumably no
>> matter what parameter is passed they won't bubble and won't be
>> cancellable?
>
> Shouldn’t canBubbleArg and cancelableArg be honoured when user script
> creates and dispatches an event?  Even if events created by the
> implementation are always non-bubbling and non-cancellable.

To be honest, I'm not entirely certain of the value in enabling user
script creation of these events — but I guess that's another matter.

What concerns me is that all the initFooEvent/NS that we have all over
are all copied and pasted from one another, and it's not entirely
clear to me that this is not cargo-culting as I can't seem to recall
what motivation there is for all of that :)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/