Re: Web IDL syntax

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:16:00 +0200
To: "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-webapps@w3.org, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Shiki Okasaka" <shiki@google.com>
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:07:22 +0200, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:

> Cameron McCormack:
>> Following are my half baked proposals.
>
> I’ve now baked all of these proposals into the spec, except for the one
> about allowing multiple module levels with a module declaration (i.e.,
> ‘module a::b::c’).
>
>   * Made ‘in’ optional
>     http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#idl-operations

Having it optional will likely lead to inconsistently written IDLs, which
can be confusing. I think it would be better to either require it (as
legacy cruft, basically) or remove it altogether (the relevant IDLs will
need to be rewritten anyway for the other changes).

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software