Re: Window Modes todo

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:03:13 +1000
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Robin Berjon:
> To be honest, I'm not entirely certain of the value in enabling user
> script creation of these events — but I guess that's another matter.

Sure.

> What concerns me is that all the initFooEvent/NS that we have all over
> are all copied and pasted from one another, and it's not entirely clear
> to me that this is not cargo-culting as I can't seem to recall what
> motivation there is for all of that :)

Yeah it doesn’t seem particularly scalable.  And what happens when we
want to add another attribute on to the Event interface that we want to
allow initialisation of?  We won’t be able to just insert an argument in
the middle of initUIEvent(), initMouseEvent(), etc.

Having the attributes not be read only and allowing their modification
before the Event is dispatched seems better to me.  But changing this
for DOM Events in general seems like a larger issue for discussion.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/