Re: Web IDL syntax

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:29:30 +1000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Cameron McCormack:
> I think it might be useful for someone to just publish versions of
> existing DOM specs’ IDL as Web IDL.  I’m willing to help with that.

I just added the IDL for various DOM specs, converted to Web IDL:

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/dom/

and I:

  * moved some exception constants on to the exceptions themselves
  * removed the DOMString valuetype definition
  * sometimes used ‘DOMString’ and sometimes ‘DOMString?’
  * added ‘implements’ statements
  * added [PrototypeRoot] on a few interfaces
  * added getters for some list interfaces (like NodeList)
  * added [Callback] on some interfaces

Obviously testing would be required to check DOMString vs DOMString? and
where [TreatNullAs] and [TreatUndefinedAs] annotations need to be added.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/