Re: Selectors API

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2007Mar/0066.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2007Apr/0009.html
>
> I read those. That was long after this was initially discussed though.
> And also around the time I stopped being the active editor of the
> specification.

Er, indeed.  Those seem to be discussion of ElementTraversal.

I was pretty sure I'd raised the same issue with Selectors API, but the
W3C list search is crappy enough that I can't find the posts...  In
fact, the only thread on the matter I can find is the "ACTION-87:
Selectors API" thread (announcing that you plan to start working on the
spec at) at
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2006Feb/0108.html>.
Was that it?

In any case, the static implementation was considerably more complicated
in Gecko, I suspect performance is a wash in most cases, though it's
easy to create examples that are much faster with one or the other approach.

-Boris