Re: Revised Proposal for Widget Signature ABNF

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:47:41 +0100
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
CC: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, ext Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>, "Kapyaho Jere (Nokia-D-MSW/Tampere)" <Jere.Kapyaho@nokia.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

On 3/17/09 12:40 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Marcos,
>
> On Mar 16, 2009, at 10:42 AM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Frederick Hirsch
>> <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, I made this change since we decided this week to have case
>>> sensitivity.
>>> Too bad we have to use literals in hex for this case ...
>>
>> Hmmm... is it bad that in the P&C spec we just say "case sensitive"
>> and not give the hex to match the file names? we do this for default
>> start file types, e.g. "index.html"
>
> I generally agree it would be good to have some consistency between the
> P&C and DigSig specs. However, I think we also want the P&C spec to be
> accessible (here the context is more about readability) for widget authors.

I agree. If people can live with using prose here, I'm happy to leave it
as it.