Re: [widgets] Comments on Widget Signature update (was RE: Widget Signature update)

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:28:13 +0100
To: "Priestley, Mark, VF-Group" <Mark.Priestley@vodafone.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Priestley, Mark, VF-Group
<Mark.Priestley@vodafone.com> wrote:
> ---------------------------
> Editorial comments
> ---------------------------
>
> General Terminology
>
> "Widget agent", "widget platform", "application"? -> "widget user
> agent"?

Lets just use "user agent". I don't think we should have a notion of a
"widget user agent". A user agent is one that attempts to implement
the said specification; that is, one that only implements signatures.
It should be possible to build a user agent that only processes
signatures and is unaware any other of the widget 1.0 specifications.

> [Comment] by "application" do you mean "widget user agent"?

as above.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au