Re: [widgets] Making config.xml mandatory

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:36:26 +0100
To: David Rogers <david.rogers@omtp.org>

On 3/9/09 2:19 PM, David Rogers wrote:
> Marcos,
>
> As mentioned in the F2F, this is one of the reasons you can see why you need to look at defining content types more closely - you need to decide what a widget 'is' otherwise we're potentially in trouble.
>
> I agree with Rainer's point about policy.

Well, this change defines a widget as:

  * zip file
  * has one config at root
  * config file has at least one tag (<widget>)
  * <widget> tag MUST be in widget namespace.
  * has one start file (either a default)

To complement the above, on the Web, a widget is also identified by its
media type (applicaiton/widget) and on disk by its file extension (.wgt).

That's a widget :)

Kind regards,
Marcos