From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Marcos Caceres
Sent: 09 March 2009 12:36
To: public-webapps
Subject: [widgets] Making config.xml mandatory

Opera would like to make the config file in widgets packages
mandatory. Our rationale is that having at least one  config.xml file
at the root of the widget give a sure way to identify a zip archive as
a widget; otherwise arbitrary zip packages with an index.html could be
fed to a widget engine and would run with the security privileges of a
widget.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--