Re: [cors] TAG request concerning CORS & Next Step(s)

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:16:48 -0700
To: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Henry Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
First of all, I know of only one outstanding security issue, which is
around redirects. If there are others, it would be great to get
detailed feedback, we're not hard to reach :)

> 2. For those that have been active in defining the CORS model and/or CORS
> implementers - particularly Adam, Anne, Jonas, Hixie, Maciej, IE guys
> (whomever replaced Sunava) - please indicate:
>
> a) their level of interest in continuing to push the current CORS model;

I am very interested. And I know others are mozilla are too.

> b) their implementation plans for CORS.

Firefox 3.5 will be out in a matter of days (RC available already) and
it supports the majority of CORS (everything but redirects of
preflighted requests).

Firefox 3.5 also uses CORS as security model for @font-face in order
to support cross-site loading of fonts.

As Anne pointed out, others have also deployed partial support. In
fact, relatively speaking, CORS has seen an extraordinary amount of
browser deployment already.

/ Jonas