Re: [cors] TAG request concerning CORS & Next Step(s)

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:22:35 +0100
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Jonas Sicking writes:

> As Anne pointed out, others have also deployed partial support. In
> fact, relatively speaking, CORS has seen an extraordinary amount of
> browser deployment already.

One point of clarification: my (admittedly imperfect) understanding
was that the most important parts of CORS have to be implemented
_server_-side for the proposal to achieve its goals.  If that's true,
browser deployment alone is insufficient.  Is that a misunderstanding
on my part?

ht
- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team