Re: Why I don't attend the weekly teleconference (Was: Input on the agenda)

On Jun 23, 2009, at 4:44 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:
>
>> OK, I hereby volunteer to be the editor of the specification
>> related to
>> HTML Tables, and to the part of the specification supposedly
>> addressing
>> issues of semantic metadata.
>>
>> I'm serious -- where do I sign up, and when can I get editing rights?
>
> You already have editing rights. Just start writing. You don't have
> to ask
> anyone's permission. There is plenty of precedent for this; when a
> spec of
> sufficient quality comes up that replaces a section of the HTML5
> spec, I
> remove the text in HTML5 and instead point (if appropriate) to the new
> text. This has happened with XMLHttpRequest, the Selectors API, Window
> (which was later remerged in), the URL parsing and resolving
> sections, the
> Content Sniffing section, and for a number of other documents that I
> still
> edit (Web Socket API, Web Socket Protocol, Web Storage, Server-sent
> Events, and Web Workers).

I know this is from a separate conversation, but I ask because it is
relevant to me in the context of Web Storage. Would it be possible to
edit the Web Storage API draft to include the proposed [1]
programmable HTTP cache [2] in it?

I suppose the precedent is commit-then-review. Is that practice
relevant in this case? What software and configuration do I need to
commit?

Nikunj
http://o-micron.blogspot.com

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0341.html