Re: [widgets] [preference element] question on the value attribute

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 01:01:40 +0200
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Jean-Claude Dufourd <jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr>
On Jun 23, 2009, at 18:16 , Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> We are wondering about the choice of an attribute to store the value
> of a preference.
> We would prefer to use the text content of the <preference> element
> for the value of the preference.
> Is there a good reason that we missed for using an attribute instead ?

If by text content you mean actual text content, then there is no
difference whatsoever between what can be stored in an attribute value
and the text content (as per DOM 3 textContent) of an element  at
least not semantically.

If by text content you mean structured content, then we're talking
about turning the preference system into an XML storage system since
most XML constructs could appear there.

Do you mind clarifying which one it is you are wondering about?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/