Re: CfC: FPWD of Server-Sent Events, Web Sockets API, Web Storage, and Web Workers; deadline April 10

Oracle does not support the substance of the current Web Storage draft
[1][2][3]. This is a path-breaking change to the Web applications
platform and rushing such a major change without substantive
consideration of alternatives is not in its own best interest. Oracle
does not see it fit to advance the current draft along the
recommendation track

Still, we believe that the working group will benefit greatly from the
wide review of this draft. Has the chair exhausted all such
alternatives such as Working Group Note? At the very least the status
needs to be clear about the purpose of publishing the document. A
boilerplate status is not appropriate since there are important
concerns about the technique used for structured storage in the draft.

Nikunj Mehta

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0131.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0136.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/0137.html