Re: Next steps on Widgets testing?

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:13:38 -0500
Cc: public-mwts@w3.org
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

Hi Dom,

On Nov 25, 2008, at 9:05 AM, ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> Hi Art, Charles,
>
> As was discussed during the WebApps WG F2F in Cannes, the Mobile Web
> Test Suites Working Group (and in particular, Kai Hendry) has
> started to
> work on developing test cases for the Widgets Packaging and
> Configuration specification:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/
> 0235.html
>
> There are already quite a number of test cases available there (~50),
> that target well-defined part of the specifications.
>
> Could you let our group know whether you think this is going in the
> right direction, and what the next steps should be on our side?

Yes we will provide some feedback to you. Note, Marcos already
provided some feedback via:

  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/
0305.html>

> Also, would it be helpful if the tests were moved to the public CVS
> server? should they sit in 2006/waf/widgets/tests/ if so?

Based on the precedence of the test suites for Element Traversal,
Selectors API and DOM 3 Events, the above directory would indeed be
appropriate at least for the P&C spec (and would be OK with me).

We may want to use a separate tests directory for the other Widgets
spec e.g.:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-api/tests/

Charles, Widget People - does anyone feel strongly about the location
of the widgets test suite? IOW, does 2006/waf/widgets/tests/ meet the
I Can Live With It Test?

-Regards, Art Barstow