Re: [XHR] Some comments on "charset" in the Content-Type header

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:37:39 +0900
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, 2008-09-19 09:35 -0400:

>  Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> >   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/#send
>
>  Oh, right.  I keep forgetting that the spec actually on the main W3C site
>  has no bearing on reality...  Is there a good reason it's there at all?  :(

It's intended in part to be a way to keep all our law-abiding
citizen readers in the general public informed about what progress
if any the group is making on the spec. Those of us who are
actually members of the Mongols, Boozefighters, Bandidos, or other
MCs should always follow the editor's draft instead.

I hope that clears things up.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith