Re: [XHR] Some comments on "charset" in the Content-Type header

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:

> Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, 2008-09-19 09:35 -0400:
>
>>  Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> >   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/#send
>>
>>  Oh, right.  I keep forgetting that the spec actually on the main W3C site
>>  has no bearing on reality...  Is there a good reason it's there at all?  :(
>
> It's intended in part to be a way to keep all our law-abiding
> citizen readers in the general public informed about what progress
> if any the group is making on the spec. Those of us who are
> actually members of the Mongols, Boozefighters, Bandidos, or other
> MCs should always follow the editor's draft instead.

This does bring up the wider issue of the importance of Editor's
drafts. I think more emphasis should be put on the standard W3C
template for WDs to point to an editor's draft (if one is publicaly
available). Most specs get grossly outdated within a few days of
publication on the TR page.
--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au