Re: Call for Review: Last Call WD of Widgets 1.0 Requirements

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:27:58 +1000
To: "Sean Mullan" <Sean.Mullan@sun.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, "XMLSec XMLSec Member-Only" <member-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Hi Sean,
I've fixed the typos, I have one question about X.509v4. Please see below.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Sean Mullan <Sean.Mullan@sun.com> wrote:

> Here are some comments -
>
> An XML Digital Signature reference is defined but never referenced. Also,
> the reference description and 2nd URL needs to be updated to reflect the
> date of the 2nd edition (June 2008) and the authors. You list the editors,
> but the authors is probably more appropriate.

As it is never used, I have removed it. However, I'll be sure to
reference it properly in our other specs, particularly in the Widgets:
1.0 Digital Signature spec [1]. I've also removed a few other
references that were no longer used in this version of the document.

> What version of X.509 are you referencing? v3, v4?

I've updated the references to version 3, using the following citation:
ITU-T Recommendation X.509 version 3 (1997). "Information Technology -
Open Systems Interconnection - The Directory Authentication Framework"
ISO/IEC 9594-8:1997.

However, do you think we should be referencing version 4? has there
been much uptake of v4?

Kind regards,
Marcos

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/