Re: [XHR] LC comments from the XForms Working Group

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:44:34 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, public-webapps@w3.org, public-forms@w3.org

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:24:48 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> It would change the conformance criteria. I'm not sure that's a good
>> idea. Especially since the use case put forward is mostly theoretical.
>>  Overall, I'm still not convinced this is a good idea.
>
> It doesn't seem necessarily that theoretical to me, for what it's
> worth.  Anne, do you happen to have a more or less complete list of the
> current dependencies of XHR on Window, buy chance?  I think that
> information would be very helpful in seeing where things stand.

The constructor and providing a pointer to the document from the object on
which the constructor was invoked.

Having basic Window support is also good for the test suite so we can
actually test the cross-frame scenarios you raised a long time ago (for
which I added this dependency when I addressed the issue).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>