Re: Seeking earlier feedback from MS [Was: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests]

Hi, Folks-

Jonas Sicking wrote (on 6/12/08 2:16 PM):

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>>> I second this request. Plain text e-mails are much easier to deal with.
>>
>> Besides convenience, feedback to the public list should not be behind
>> a clickwrap license in principle.
>
> Agreed. I have never run into a situation in my work where I've had to
> agree to a license like this. It is something we at mozilla on principal
> doesn't do due to our open nature. I can't do something that excludes
> our community from participating.

I am investigating whether W3C has a specific policy on it, but I'd like
to chime in personally that I agree with all of the above comments, for
all the same reasons.

In addition, it makes a more transparent trail for future
spec-archeology, investigating why a particular decision was made.  In
this spirit, I'd rather it were not a PDF, but an HTML or plain-text
version.

Thanks-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, WebApps, SVG, and CDF