Re: Seeking earlier feedback from MS [Was: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests]

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:16:21 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, Marc Silbey <marcsil@windows.microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "arun@mozilla.com" <arun@mozilla.com>, Eric Lawrence <ericlaw@exchange.microsoft.com>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, David Ross <dross@windows.microsoft.com>, "Mark Shlimovich (SWI)" <marksh@microsoft.com>, Doug Stamper <dstamper@exchange.microsoft.com>, Zhenbin Xu <Zhenbin.Xu@microsoft.com>

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2008, at 3:20 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>>> Could you forward the paper to the list? (Preferably as plain text,
>>> though HTML or PDF would do in a pinch.)
>>
>> I second this request. Plain text e-mails are much easier to deal with.
>
> Besides convenience, feedback to the public list should not be behind a
> clickwrap license in principle.

Agreed. I have never run into a situation in my work where I've had to
agree to a license like this. It is something we at mozilla on principal
doesn't do due to our open nature. I can't do something that excludes
our community from participating.

/ Jonas