Re: Proposal to move WebApps' tests to github

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:27:07 +0000
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
CC: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, ext Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>, ext Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>, "public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org" <public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org>
On 15/03/2013 13:50 , Arthur Barstow wrote:
> I will start a WG-wide CfC to gather consensus on the test
> suite move to GH.

Great!

> * Odin - is <http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/Submitting_tests> still the
> new proposed process (to replace
> <http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Testing> and most of its subpages)?
> Do you need to make any updates before the WG is asked to approve it?

I think that's good enough to ship now. In time this should be
supplanted by W3C-wide testing documentation.

> (f.ex. it appears the repo name is no longer accurate)

I fixed that.

> * Who is going to do the work? Some set of: Tobie, Robin, Odin, Ms2ger?

Yes, once there's agreement we'll coordinate how the switch happens.

> * Is the expectation that each of WebApps' test suites will be a new
> directory at <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests>? f.ex.
> <https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/WebStorage/>?

Yes. Though I prefer lowercase ;)

> * Will the new hierarchy be flat or are the people doing the move going
> to create some type of section/id based subdirs?

That's up to whoever is working on specific spec test suites. It also
depends on how many tests one has.

> * Where is the HTMLWG's documentation about this new process e.g.
> workflow, review, approval? (I presume we will want to reuse as much as
> practical.)

I think the README there contains most of the useful information.