RE: XHR LC comments

From: Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:21:46 -0700
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>, IE8 Core AJAX SWAT Team <ieajax@microsoft.com>
Inline...

[Sunava Dutta] Compatible with the web sounds very nice and is something I think I share with you. I think you mean compatible with browsers who enable the technologies when you mean compatible with the web?
Getting back to more specifics, if we're talking about compatibility I absolutely believe the spec should be relevant to existing implementations. I'm amenable to what Maciej said when he mentioned that in the case (I'm assuming this is a rarity) where the implementations are doing whacky things or doing nothing at all, it makes sense to work together to identify a way/solution that will allow for convergence.
Thanks for pointing out there is no mandate or guidelines for having two implementations in CR. I misunderstood something Chris had mentioned awhile back. -:).