Re: [selectors-api] Why no querySelector(All) on DocumentFragments?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:30:57 -0500

www-style: the discussion is about the :root selector in the Selectors
specification.

 > Yeah, it really should say "a document".

That doesn't solve the problem, in some ways, since it might mean that multiple
nodes being rendered in the same window match :root, depending on what
transclusion technologies people come up with.  Perhaps that's desirable.

What would make the most sense to me, I guess, would be to have it that an
element matches :root if it is the documentElement of its ownerDocument.

-Boris