Re: [selectors-api] Why no querySelector(All) on DocumentFragments?

On Mar 12, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Is there a reason why querySelector(All) is not supported on
> DocumentFragment nodes?  It seems to me that such support could be
> useful...  It's already supported on disconnected subtrees rooted by
> an Element, as far as I can tell, so it doesn't seem like the
> DocumentFragment case would be all that different.

I'd have no objection to supporting these methods on DocumentFragment
too, although it does not seem terribly important.

I think ability to do element-rooted selector queries (either through
a new method or a :scope pseudo-element) is more important, since it's
needed to replicate the feature set of JS query libraries.