Re: [selectors-api] Why no querySelector(All) on DocumentFragments?

From: liorean <liorean@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:24:18 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 12/03/2008, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>  Is there a reason why querySelector(All) is not supported on
>  DocumentFragment nodes?  It seems to me that such support could be
>  useful...  It's already supported on disconnected subtrees rooted by an
>  Element, as far as I can tell, so it doesn't seem like the
>  DocumentFragment case would be all that different.

As a disconnected node would not be in the node tree from document,
can it match a query at all? I mean, the current way this is defined
selector queries are meant to be document-rooted, right? I imagine the
same is the case for DocumentFragment or node trees in Entity nodes.
--
David "liorean" Andersson