Re: XHR Draft Compliance Test Cases

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:06:06 +0100, Hallvord R. M. Steen
<hallvord@opera.com> wrote:

>> I am the test contact for IE's XMLHttpRequest object.  To determine
>> IE's compliance, I ran the test suite at
>> http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/autorun-basic.htm.
>> When the tests are finished running, how can I see the overall results?

> the test run should end up on a page with a long list of PASS / FAIL
> results.

..turns out the failure to take you there was caused by an unforeseen bug
in IE's XMLHttpRequest support :-p
The postback to the /support/results-clipboard script uses XHR with a
relative URL, it seems something about triggering that from a thread in an
IFRAME causes IE to get confused and throw on send(). Should be fixed now,
using an absolute URL for the XHR. I suppose I should have added a test
case for the problem too - Anne, do you know if one exists?

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software